On November 13th in their own building the Dons beat the Pioneers, 73-58.
San Francisco exploited Cal State-East Bay in free throw shooting and also took the lead in defensive rebounding.
San Francisco was able to rule the glass, 35 defensive rebounds to 26, allowing for more possession changes. The Dons made more free throws, with 20 points to a total of four for the Pioneers.
De`End Parker was the leading scorer for the Dons with 18 points in 34 minutes. Cole Dickerson led both teams with 15 rebounds.
San Francisco got a nice early season victory over Cal State-East Bay, which should help build momentum for the difficult season ahead. The Dons are now 1-1 early in the season.
Next up is American University on the road on November 19th.
San Francisco Game Notes:
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:21 left to go.
- Cole Dickerson recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 3rd of his career.
- Cole Dickerson had a career high with 6 offensive rebounds.
- The top two scorers (De`End Parker and Cole Dickerson) accounted for 43.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cole Dickerson and Tim Derksen) accounted for 44.0% of the rebounds.
Cal State-East Bay Game Notes:
- The top two scorers (Gabe Kindred and Ota Okungbowa) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
- Nick Marshall accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: De`End Parker
, Cole Dickerson