San Francisco starts their 2012-2013 season on November 9 against Stanford. The Dons look like they've put together a squad that can match last season's team. They'll counter the loss of the players that gave them 33% of their minutes last season with the efforts of four incoming freshmen.
San Francisco will experience their biggest drop-off in rebounding, where the team lost 35.4% of their output. That's followed closely by scoring, where they drop 34.4% from last season.
San Francisco finished last year with an overall record of 18-12 and landed in 5th place in the West Coast with a conference record of 8-8. The Dons lost to Saint Mary's 83-78 in the West Coast tournament. The Dons will have to live without Michael Williams (transferred to Cal State Fullerton), Perris Blackwell (transferred to Washington), Avery Johnson (transferred to UC Davis), and Justin Raffington (transferred to Florida Atlantic).
The Dons bring back sophomore Cody Doolin (3.8 assists/game), senior Angelo Caloiaro (14.2 points/game), senior Rashad Green (1.8 steals/game), sophomore Dominique O`Connor (2.1 assists/game), and sophomore Cole Dickerson (7.1 points/game).
Incoming freshmen joining the Dons include 6-4 Chris Adams, 6-7 Khalil Murphy, 6-9 Mark Tollefsen, and 6-5 Gavin Hoffmann. The team also picks up 6-5 sophomore Charles Standifer.
The Dons have three games on the schedule against AP preseason Top 25 teams, at #20 San Diego State on December 22nd, at #21 Gonzaga on January 26th, and #21 Gonzaga on February 16th. The first West Coast game for San Francisco is at Santa Clara on January 2nd.
Tags: Michael Williams
- Since 2002, San Francisco has an overall winning percentage of 46.9%.
- The Dons have an average conference finish of 4.8 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 4.4.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 143.6.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Gonzaga (#25).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Santa Clara (#294).
- The last time San Francisco returned more than 70% of the team's statistical production was 2011-2012.
, Perris Blackwell
, Avery Johnson
, Justin Raffington
, Cody Doolin
, Angelo Caloiaro
, Rashad Green
, Dominique O`Connor
, Cole Dickerson
, Chris Adams
, Khalil Murphy
, Mark Tollefsen
, Gavin Hoffmann
, Charles Standifer